- Food Waste Based – Derived from 30% food waste, this balanced formula combines the best possible soil-building micro-nutrients and a special blend of natural ingredients designed for optimal plant growth
- No Miracle Chemicals – Free of “miracle” chemicals, Trash Can provides slow-release, soil enriching nitrogen that feeds plants without burning them and helps build important micro-nutrients in your garden
- No Poo – Free of animal waste, TrashCan fertilizer focuses on plant-based, nutrient rich organic matter, providing maximum plant growth
- Food Waste Solution – Derived from food waste sourced throughout the Portland, OR metro area, we take garbage out of the waste stream and put it to work in your garden, removing mounds of trash from landfills in the process
- 4-4-4 Natural Fertilizer – Excellent for newly planted vegetables, flowers, and herbs, this balanced formula provides slow-release nitrogen, natural phosphorus, potassium for overall vigor, and kelp cytokinins to stimulate growth
The only fertilizer with food waste as the #1 ingredient, TrashCan captures food-waste and blends it with natural materials, offering a better, more sustainable solution for your plants – and your planet. Each year more than 40% of food is thrown away in the U.S., with 65 million tons getting burned or buried. Our leftovers are the #1 contributor to methane-belching landfills. But food waste contains the micronutrients that feed the tiny microbes that are essential to long-term soil health. Plants rely on these microbes for growth, so feeding your soil is the key to a healthy garden. Free from any “miracle chemicals,” our natural fertilizers provide slow-release nitrogen that feeds plants without burning them out and helps keep your soil rich in micronutrients. Our food-based fertilizer is also free from animal waste. Currently sourced from the Portland, OR metro area, our food waste is found in restaurants, grocery stores, food processing facilities, and households like yours. Food that would have gone to waste can now find its way to your garden and become new food! Our all-purpose 4-4-4 natural fertilizer covers a wide variety of established or newly planted vegetables, flowers, herbs, and more. Made with 30% food waste, our balanced formula combines the best possible soil-building micronutrients with a special blend of natural ingredients for optimal plant growth. Recommended usage: For new plantings, use 1 cup per 5 sq. ft. For established gardens, use 1 cup per 10 sq. ft. For new potted plants, use 0.5 cup for each gallon of potted plant, and 4 tablespoons per foot of pot diameter.
List Price: $ 9.99
More Fertilizer Products